NK Help Center
We would like to answer your questions on the most important topics at the NK Help Center. You will also be able to download the operating instructions here shortly.
Some Nielsen Kellerman devices can now be connected to your Windows computer or Mac, as well as to the LiNK mobile apps for Android or iOS. Depending on the version, you can use it to save the training data and update the devices.
In case of problems we always recommend to install the latest version of the software first, known bugs have already been fixed with the update. Should you still not make any progress, please contact us by mail and we will be happy to support you.
You can find the instructions and downloads directly on the NK website. Here you will find the current versions directly from the manufacturer.
NK LiNK Software
The LiNK software for transferring, viewing and exporting data files from the Training Pack versions of the SpeedCoach GPS Model 2, SpeedCoach OC2 and SpeedCoach SUP 2.
NK LiNK For Windows (Size: 11.8 MB)
NK LiNK For OS X (Size: 12.1 MB)
What can you do with LiNK for Windows?
- Wirelessly transfer 'just go' and workout interval data to PC for viewing and storage.
- Export data to charting and analysis programs, such as Excel, via CSV.
- Export data to FIT file format to enable transfer to third-party websites, such as Endomondo, Strava and any FIT-compatible site. These sites enable you to view your workout or race on detailed maps, share your results with friends or coaches, and even compare your results with others.
- These tools are recommended: LiNK Logbook, Rowsandall, STRAVA
If you have inserted the Bluetooth dongle and the LiNK for MAC application still reads "Searching for Dongle," then MAC has not fully resolved the driver for this dongle. If you are using a MAC, please try the following.
- Remove all peripherals that are attached to the MAC including the Bluetooth dongle.
- Turn off the computer and wait 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes turn the power back on and hook everything back up. Now it should hopefully find the dongle for you
If you have inserted the Bluetooth dongle and the LiNK for Windows application still reads "Searching for Dongle," then Windows has not fully resolved the driver for this dongle.
Please try the following for Windows:
- Remove and then reinsert the dongle into the same USB port.
- Remove and then reinsert the dongle into a different USB port.
- Check to see if you have all the latest Windows updates installed.